Every Face tells a story
Every Face tells a story:
As I’ve sat in my
local masjid so many times (after the prayer of the time of the day ended) and mused on what was going on in the lives of the other attendees. I've seen faces with their
hands up, making dua (prayer) to their Lord Allaah while others have covered their
faces with their hands, their heads tilted towards the ground.
Perhaps they are crying as they try communicating with their Lord to help them with their issues. Most of these are expatriates, people who have
left their home county in search of job here. Left their families
behind. Some who have not visited their families in years even. Some may even be jobless. Every
face tells a story. There are other groups of people who are more
jovial, more happy. Every face tells a story. Yet, they are all here,
in the house of their Lord, asking for his help, and seeking his
forgiveness, surrounded by their country men.
I see the same story
in a bus, or a train. Every face tells a story. You can make from the
lines of their face that things are not so well as they would've
liked. Some are just lost, while other’s are hopeful. Every face
tells a story.
I seen another side
to it in Public parks. Majority of the attendees seem to be more happy and cheerful. Perhaps, its
because they are with their families and friends. Some children
playing together, while others being neglected, scolded even by their
elders. Some men and women are having their regular walk while others
sit in silence, and some watch their children play. Perhaps, its their weekly
avenue of escaping from the stress of their lives. Every face tells a
story.
What do I learn from my musings? Why did I even feel to write on this? Perhaps I just
wished to not feel alone in my struggles with my mental health
issues, and whatever else which worries me. Perhaps I take strength from
their resolve to move along with their lives while asking their Lord
to help, to give them strength. Perhaps I can learn to be grateful,
for having my family near me, for having a job and food to eat.
Perhaps my issues are not so big as I make them out to be. There are people in my neighborhood, in my family even with far stressful issues. Perhaps this gives me a chance to reflect, ponder and even be more thankful.
Perhaps the main
thing I can get out from my observations is I am not alone in my fights, in my
battles, in my happiness even. Every soul will gets its destined
share of happiness and trials. And its upon me to rise up to the challenge and move on in the best possible manner (while
seeking help and strength of the one who has given the challenges to
me in the first place), and never forgetting and being thankful for
his mercy and the tremendous blessings in my life. Every face tells a story.
#masjid #islam #strength #ummah #family #
Comments
Hoping to read more of your blogs. :) The piece is really great.