The past
I have difficulty in discussing about the bad chapters from my past as its something I dont want to remember. Why? Cause the memories hurt. Perhaps I wish to close the chapter and move on, rather than opening up old wounds by remembering them. The learning's from some of the chapters have already been learned even.
Some memories of the past sadden me. They serve as a reminder how things could've been better had I not made certain mistakes/ errors in judgement. Perhaps things would've been much different now, the relationship's intact, chances of getting a better job, more calmness and less regrets. But things sometime don't happen as we plan them to be.
How do I make peace with the past then? Perhaps by remembering the positive aspects of the event than the negative? Perhaps understanding that we meet people for a reason and depart when the purpose is accomplished, that some things are just meant to be, some things were not in my control, not everything was my mistake?
I am human, not and Angel and thus I will make mistakes all the time. But (unlike an Angel), I also have the capacity to try to rectify my mistake, change my behavioral issues, learn a new skill. Anything which will help me make the present better. Perhaps this is what I feel is true, which gives my heart comfort.
What do I do then when I remember the negative aspect of a past event? Perhaps I face it head on, admit to myself what I did and ensure not to repeat it again. I will also take the help of my creator, seek forgiveness for the past and ask strength for the future. In admitting to my mistakes is one of my strength and not my weakness.
What do I do then I repeat the mistake, fall into temptation again, or even let my emotions get the best of me? Perhaps I start over, keep trying to be the better version of myself while remembering my limitations, like every other human being in the planet. I am thus not alone in my failures from the past and the present as I am not alone in the successes.
Perhaps, how we act upon our failures from the past defines what kind of person we end up being in the present. Do we let the mistakes of the past haunt us or do we face them head on and do what we can to correct it/ensure not to repeat it? The answer is within us. The answer decides how happy we will be with ourselves and with our loved ones. #past #emotions #relationships #love #compassion
Comments
"keep trying to be the better version of myself" This keeps us going. Being hopeful. As goes the saying nothing is permanent likewise our negative aspects aren't permanent as well, we can change any second if we choose so.
"how we act upon our failures from the past defines what kind of person we end up being in the present." I completely agree with this statement. Its how we choose to act, how is our attitude in regards to the past matters.
The answers are always within us whether we are aware about it or not. It may reveal itself eventually.
Putting our thoughts into words is a difficult and complex task. You did it very well in jotting them down. When we release our emotions through writing, we are also freeing/loosening ourselves from the grip of negative vibes of our bad chapters in life.
Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to read more of your thoughts and experiences. :)
This famous saying from John Lennon reflects a paradox in our lives. Many of us would like to have a peaceful ride, enjoy the present moment, yet we can’t help but make future plans so we feel secure, or we spend time digging on past hurts. I do indeed believe everything happens for a reason, whether to make us better or stronger or whatever the case may be. What a failure is to one, is not for another. I love your writing Fiero ;). Excited to see what you write next :)