Death and life, Islamic perspective(thoughts from the past)

 I was writing on this topic couple of days back and have an unfinished draft which I will work on in the next couple of days. Today, I got notification in Facebook of an older post written there, on the same topic. It spoke what I still believe about, hence sharing that here for now. 


The graves are filled with both the very young and the very old. In midst of all the worldly worries constantly in my head, the worry of what will happen to me after I die, when I am laid in the ground, in the tiny space, and then covered with sand, seemingly makes all other worries seem unimportant and irrelevant. 

The worry of the life after death, the long period in the grave is  the real worry; where only our good deeds will be of help to us , and not the money we earned , the properties we bought , the posts we held , the family and friends we had. Only our good deeds will come to our rescue in the grave; how much we obeyed Allaah and follow his commands, how much we prayed,  fasted, gave zakah, did not take interest money, were good to our parents and others, helped the needed and called all to the right path.

Nothing really matters in the end , except this. And death may come slowly, or in an instant; when all of our life's planning and worries vanish in a second, by taking a wrong step while crossing the road, by just someone else's mistake, by any reason as Allaah wills. Life just seems so meaningless. All the running  after people, after jobs, after relationships; all the worldly tension, all the sins we commit to achieve our goals, all the people we hurt. And one day, like the rest of us, we die and become part of the earth,and all of our properties, our money, become part of someone else and all we carry in the grave is the white shroud and our deeds.

May Allaah give us all a good death, not by sickness,nor by accident; with only the scale of goods deeds and nothing of  the bad. May he forgive us completely before we die. May he make us realise that death can come anytime, and that we need to be really scared of it and immediately decide to change and obey his commands before its too late... (aameen) #islam #muslim #death

Comments

Fiero said…
Glad to know you were able to connect with this.
zabair said…
i still have absolutely no fear of death, I have longed and looked forward to it since i was 5 years old. I dont fear death, I fear Hell fire, nothing and no body else compares!
Anonymous said…
Subhanallaah, hell is something to fear for.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Face tells a story

Suffering of others and Fostering Gratitude